As a professional home stager in Charlotte NC, did you know that only 10% of people shopping for a new home have the vision to imagine their own belongings in another house? Home staging is more important today then it was 5 years ago because the market is flooded with homes. So make your home stand out in the crowd and below are great tips to get you going to a home that is SOLD!
- Clutter pulls out all the energy from a room and prevents buyers from noticing a home’s best features.
- Potential buyers are often skeptical about their furniture and if it will fit...for example in a master bedroom that is vacant, a potential buyer can't image how their large bed and 2 nightstands will fit. That's why it is SO important to stage a vacant home.
- If you have a beautiful view, DON'T hide it with heavy window treatments.
- Use greenery when the room calls for it, it's always nice to bring the outdoors in.
- DON'T over furnish rooms...home staging is NOT decorating. Staging is about highlighting a home's best features and architectural details.
- Today potential buyers are internet savvy, it's important to use professional photos when displaying your homes features.
- Research Realtor's in your area and interview at least 3 to 5, it's important that you have a Realtor that understands your area, your needs and your home!