Inspired Interior Designs . Innovative Room Redesigns . Creative Home Staging . Festive Holiday . Event . Seasonal Decor


Wednesday

My Prince Charming


~ The best kind of love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach out for more; that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. 

My best friend...24 years ago today you came into my life. After a year of being friends, I never imagined that this tall handsome young man home from college in North Carolina would be my...strong, hardworking, funny, charming, sensitive, loyal, faithful, and loving husband 24 years later. I was standing in the parking lot at his summer job with Lynn as she waited on her boyfriend to come out for lunch. As I noticed 2 guys walking out of the building, one in particular with a great smile was heading our way. To this day I remember what he was wearing; shorts, t-shirt, and Ralph Lauren Polo cologne. Not to mention, those big hazel green eyes (of course that depends on what he is wearing, sometimes they are a shade of blue). A smile and personality that could light up the world...well, it did mine. :) A moment in time I will never forget.  I'm amazed that years later you and I can still share with each other what we were wearing on the first day we met. Our first encounter, oh how we talked; laughed and flirted...I recall having rosy cheeks a few times. Our second encounter was in your front yard, barefooted and flirting again...stepping on each other toes. We would talk for hours on the phone. Our first date....oh, how I remember it well and I know you do too. I'll share that some other time. :) 
My grandmother told me you were going to be the "one" I would marry some day.....5 years later. Ha! We were in no rush, still had some growing up to do and school to finish, but in the process we became best friends and then we fell in love, my price charming...that scared me just a bit I must say. You have loved me through good times, trails, and heartache. You are my rock; you give me strength, love, and understanding. You have allowed me to grow as my own person, and spread my wings. Thank you so much for giving me the space to do so. Our love continues to grow stronger each day and with each phase in our relationship I will cherish. I look forward to our next 24 years and beyond...I feel so extremely blessed to have you in my life, you are an amazing father and husband. Thank you for our handsome and smart son, and although we lost a baby 2 years ago, it was still a blessing to share that very special moment with you...even through the tears we found laughter and a deeper love. Since then we gained a four legged baby called, "Riley" and although he truly belongs to our son, we both have attached ourselves to him as well. Oh, how he makes us all laugh to the point our bellies ache, who knew a dog could act just like a human. Thank you my prince charming & best friend for the best years of my life and for the years to come. I know they will be amazing! Happy 24 years and happy early Birthday my love! 

Love always, your wife.